Wednesday, September 10, 2008

The Election

Simply put, I prefer McCain over Obama. Vice-presidents ignored, Obama's three years as a junior senator and 20 years as a close friend to Reverend Wright and member of his racist, radical church tend to push me away. The man does, however, have noble ideas and what seems like a vision. How much of that is hot air will coninue to be debated, although I must admit I am doubtful. McCain has a smoother track record and no one can doubt his patriotism.

A major, overriding concept that moves me toward McCain is taxes. Obama's proposed policies will tax me and America more than McCain ever would. As I see it, increased taxes on the better-off portion of society in order to pay for an everincreasing amount of welfare or social programs for the less-successful is simply the redistribution of wealth by the government. Keep in mind that I am not some cruel Republican seeking to slam the poor and leave them out in the cold. I am a firm believer in programs seeking to lift the poor and less fortunate to a better standard of living. They are our fellow Americans and should be provided with needed care. The distinction I must make, however, is that this aide must come from the private sector, not the public. Anyone literate in world history will understand the importance of this distinction.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Obama claims he will provide universal health care, improve the education system, AND lower taxes! Wait. . . did I miss something?

Tim Coit said...

Good points. Keep it up.

duse said...

agreed.

McGov said...

i completly agree with you 192487% that is one really big issue that i am strongly with McCain on. :))