Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Barack Obama

Sometimes Barack Obama scares me. I read the bit in the book on selective perception and so will try to avoid it as much as possible. Certain unsettling elements of Obama's past do, however, exist. Anyone denying this is also falling victim to selective perception. I have been doing a bit of research over the candidates. John McCain, other than his stint in Vietnam, seems to be pretty much your stereotypical politician. Barack Obama, on the other hand, is rather mysterious. His past has some serious gaps in it and associations with people who are definitely not the kind of people a president should be associated with. John McCain seemed pretty up front. The more I investigated Obama, the more concerned I became. Look, I'm not saying Barack is an unqualified candidate. What I'm saying is that if you plan on voting, you should do a little background checking of your own. This link is a series of videos covering the more disturbing elements of Barack's past. Yes, they are biased, but that bias only goes so far. I could not find anything similar on John McCain, and I looked. Whether or not you agree with this, the simple fact that it exists merits a deeper investigation into Barack's past, if only to prove his innocence.

http://video.google.com/videosearch?q=barak+obama+history&hl=en&emb=0#q=Barack%20Obama%20%26%20Friends%20Sean%20Hannity%20Special%20&hl=en&emb=0

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Honestly, Barack Obama is scary as hell, and I am absolutely appalled (although not entirely surprised) that America is falling for his garbage. The naiveté is unbelievable. These Democrats see a pretty face and swoon, choosing to ignore history. All I can say is I’m moving to Canada and I hope it bites them all in the …

Hillary said...

That bias goes pretty far. I will not discount the fact he knows him. But I am sorry, I cannot believe when people say he is friends with him. If serving on the same educational board and living in the same neighborhood is being friends, then I don't even know what the word means. The clip said Obama is, "trying to bury his relationship with Ayers." What, honestly, do they want him to say? If he denies any relationship, which I don't think exists (sorry, I really really don't think he is friends with him and I don't think he ever sympathized with him) the media says he is trying to cover it up, but hell, if he said he was, then they'd still attack him. I'm not sure what they want him to do. I don't find his past unsettling. But I don't think I'm falling victim to selective perception. I personally trust Obama. If you don't, fine. I have heard everything about his past. I think people are trying to make a mountain out a molehill. They are trying to find every single thing to attack him about, much of which I feel is untrue. Even factcheck on CNN says Palin's speech, "Palling around with terrorists" is false.

And quite frankly, I am offended by the comment that Democrats see a pretty face and swoon. We can research the facts, believe what we want, stand for our issues, and take it all with a grain of salt. To say that Democrats don't really know what is going on and that we are so attracted to Obama we fail to look up anything or that we will believe anything we hear come out of his mouth is such a generalization, one of which I am appalled at. Democrats don't ignore history. They just realize when people try to make up a history that isn't there.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Ignorance, whether conscious or not, is clearly a common trait held by the left wing.

See what you want, but facts are facts.

And by the way, Ayers isn't the only sketchy character in Obama's past. Check out his relationship with ACORN, the Kenyan rebels, or even his "pastor." I'm sorry, but I find it a bit difficult to ignore this major chunk of his history.

Ellie said...

I agree Hillary...the ludacris that is taking over this election is insane. It's been going on since the beginning, (remember that picture of obama in that robe)everyone was convinced he is a terrorist. I would just like to point out that he is leading in the polls and it looks like he has an excellent chance of becoming president. Looks like most of the American people don't think he is a crazy terrorist befriending muslim, I think we can leave those assumptions to a more ignorant following. I would like to ask one question as well. Do you think that Michelle Obama is scary too? And their daughters? Are they friends of radical activists planning to bomb public buildings in protest? Because I am pretty sure that Michelle wouldn't be married to that kind of man, nor raise her daughters with him....that would be a little crazy I think.

Look at some actuality, Palin is over her head as nominee for VP, Governer is where she should stay. Her inexperience as a large political figure and her lack of understanding of issues, mainly foreign policy, is far scarier to me than media spin on Fox News.

And the entire reason I like Obama is for his nice smile... yay orthodontics! Really? come on now... give democrates some credit. Really.