Monday, October 13, 2008

A funny experience...

I just had the funniest thing happen. This lady calls me and says she's working for the Obama campaign. She asks me if this is my first election to vote in, asks me if I'm excited to vote, and finally who I plan on supporting. I answer John McCain. She asks why. I tell her. I talked to this lady for five minutes straight. I discussed issues like foreign policy, national security, gun control, abortion, the issues regarding Barack's experience and past. I backed everything up. Basically, I handed it to this lady (who seemed very nice, by the way). As soon as I finished, she said, "Well it sounds like you're a very well-informed voter. Good-bye." I hung up and had myself a hearty laugh. Use those dreadful things called "facts" and they back right down. Regardless of whether or not she meant to, this lady implied that she could not sway me in favor of Obama because I was "well-informed." Just a funny story I felt like relating.

No comments: